Accreditation & Accolades
At William Paterson University, we focus on experiential learning and providing students with preparation for career advancement.
- William Paterson University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- William Paterson University’s Cotsakos College of Business is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- The College of Education at William Paterson University is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and is eligible for accreditation by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing, master’s degree in nursing, post-master’s degree certification in adult gerontology and family nurse practitioner, and DNP programs at William Paterson University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (ccneaccreditation.org). Expires June 30, 2030
- Ranked #26 among the “Top Public Schools, Regional Universities North” by U.S. News & World Report (2021)
- Honored as a Military Friendly® School by MilitaryFriendly.com and included in their MFS Guide each year since 2011
- William Paterson is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey, and a significant percentage of students are the first in their families to attend university. WP was recently designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution with over 30 percent of students claiming Hispanic heritage in fall 2018.
- Measuring the extent to which a college or university educates students with family incomes below the national median at lower tuition and graduates them into better paying jobs, WP is #38 among the “Top Performers on Social Mobility, Regional Universities North” by U.S. News & World Report (2021).