Accreditation & Accolades
At William Paterson University, we focus on experiential learning and providing students with preparation for career advancement.
- William Paterson University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- William Paterson University’s Cotsakos College of Business is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- The College of Education at William Paterson University is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing, master’s degree in nursing, post-master’s degree certification in adult gerontology and family nurse practitioner, and DNP programs at William Paterson University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (ccneaccreditation.org). Expires June 30, 2030
- Ranked #26 among the “Top Public Schools, Regional Universities North” by U.S. News & World Report (2021)
- Honored as a Military Friendly® School by MilitaryFriendly.com and included in their MFS Guide each year since 2011
- William Paterson is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey, and a significant percentage of students are the first in their families to attend university. WP was recently designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution with over 30 percent of students claiming Hispanic heritage in fall 2018.
- Measuring the extent to which a college or university educates students with family incomes below the national median at lower tuition and graduates them into better paying jobs, WP is #38 among the “Top Performers on Social Mobility, Regional Universities North” by U.S. News & World Report (2021).